Counseling, Educational Psychology and Research - College of Education, Health and Human Sciences College of Education, Health and Human Sciences Counseling, Educational Psychology and Research
University of Memphis Photo
news and events
Class Schedule
UG Catalog
GR Catalog
Apply Now
Academic Calendars
Semester Calendars
Campus Map
UofM Scholarships
CEHHS Scholarships
CEHHS Online Majors
Majors & Concentations
MyMemphis Portal
Educational Specialist (EdS)

The CEPR department also offers an EdS degree. It is a specialist program that typically involves a path to licensure in counseling given one has a masters degree related to or in counseling. One example is using the EdS degree to become a licensed school counselor. If you already have a master's degree and you are interested in becoming a school counselor then you definitely need to talk to us about the educational specialist degree. It's quite possibly the shortest academic path for you to becoming a school counselor plus, in most school districts it will give you a boost on the salary scale. Each specialist degree is individually tailored to a specific student depending on what kind of master's degree and what previous course work he or she has had. If you think this is something you'd be interested in call Dr. Dick James, coordinator of school counseling at 678-4495 or e-mail him at Dr James will be able to analyze your transcript and tell you what to expect in terms of coursework you would need to complete the degree.

Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Last Updated: 6/11/14