Spring Family Fun Day, April 15, 10:00 - 2:00
- Join a guided hike on Chucalissa's nature trail to learn about native plants in this area and how prehistoric peoples used them.
- Try your hand at the new botany puzzle in our lab, then head to the classroom for a lesson in decorating pottery with plant motifs.
- Hear the Native American Story of the Three Sisters: corn, beans, squash. Plant your own seedling to take home with you.
Free Sundays in March and April
Tour the museum and grounds and enjoy a family-friendly movie for free!
- March 5 - America: The Story of US (60 minutes)
- March 12 - America: The Story of US (60 minutes)
- March 19 - America: The Story of US (60 minutes)
- March 26 - America: The Story of US (60 minutes)
- April 2 - Choctaw Crafts (60 minutes). Filmed at Chucalissa in 1960.
- April 9 - Choctaw Crafts (60 minutes). Filmed at Chucalissa in 1960.
- April 16 - Choctaw Crafts (60 minutes). Filmed at Chucalissa in 1960.
- April 23 - Choctaw Crafts (60 minutes). Filmed at Chucalissa in 1960.
- April 30 - Choctaw Crafts (60 minutes). Filmed at Chucalissa in 1960.
All films start at 2:00.
Family Days Schedule: Saturdays at 10:00 and 1:30
For the price of regular museum admission:
- Take a tour of the museum
- Throw darts with an atlatl
- Conduct a scavenger hunt in our Main Hall
- Tour our hands-on Archaeology Lab
- Participate in a special fun program and create a keepsake craft to take home
Family programs and craft activities change weekly. For a detailed description of programs and crafts, please see our online brochure.
- March 4 - Sports & Hunting/Pottery
- March 11 - Stone Tools & Weapons/Talking Sticks
- March 18 - Mystery Box/Beading
- March 25 - Music/Coloring Books
- April 1 - Trash Talks/Snake Painting
- April 8 - Sport/Hunting & Pottery
- April 15 - Spring Family Fun Day (10:00 - 2:00) See above for details.
- April 22 - Mystery Box/Beading
- April 29 - Music/Coloring Book
Volunteer Saturdays: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Drop by to help process prehistoric artifacts excavated from sites in western Tennessee, help in landscaping our gardens and trail, and much more. Come for one hour or the entire four. Children are welcome with parental supervision. No experience is required.
The 2017 Volunteer Saturday Schedule Is:
- January 21
- February 18
- March 18
- April 15
- May 20
- June 17
- July 15
- August 19
- September 16
- October 21--
- November 25
- December--No volunteer day in December.