For more information on events contact the museum at 901-785-3203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Family Fun Day, April 21 (10:00 - 3:00)
For the price of regular admission, enjoy a full day of special activities and make a craft to take home!
- Spear throwing competition
- Prehistoric farming techniques
- Bat program
- Excavation trench tour
- Birds of Prey and Turtle program
- Medicinal plant nature hike
Family Days Schedule: Saturdays at 10:00 and 1:30. Detailed schedule below.
For the price of regular museum admission:
- Take a tour of the museum
- Throw darts with an atlatl
- Conduct a scavenger hunt in our Main Hall
- Tour our hands-on Archaeology Lab
- Participate in a special fun program and create a keepsake craft to take home
Family programs and craft activities change weekly. For a detailed description of programs and crafts, please see our online brochure.
- April 7 -- Sports & Hunting/Pottery
- April 14 -- Stone Tools & Weapons/Talking Sticks
- April 21 - Spring Family Fun Day
- April 28 -- Mystery Box/Beading
- May 5 -- Music/Coloring Books
- May 12 -- Sports & Hunting/Pottery
- May 19 -- Stone Tools & Weapons/Talking Sticks
- May 26 -- Trash Talks/Snake Painting
Volunteer Saturdays: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Drop by to help process prehistoric artifacts excavated from sites in western Tennessee, help in landscaping our gardens and trail, and much more. Come for one hour or the entire four. Children are welcome with parental supervision. No experience is required.
The 2018 Volunteer Saturday Schedule Is:
- January 20
- February 17
- March 17
- April 21 Help plant the Three Sisters' Garden! No artifact sorting this day.
- May 19
- June 16
- July 21
- August 18
- September 15
- October 20 International Archaeology Day
- November 17
- December--No volunteer day in December.