- Auxiliary Probation Service, Juvenile Court Memphis, Provide hands on supervision of Juveniles on probation in
Memphis and Shelby County. Use this opportunity to help build your resume and learn
valuable skills doing work that will make a difference in the life of a child. For
more information, visit the website, and complete an application if you would like to volunteer.
- Court Observations: Observe a hearing at Shelby County District Court.This opportunity is available weekly.
Let me know if there is a special type of case you would like to observe or if you
would like to see the docket schedule for criminal court. I usually receive the schedule
on Fridays for the following week. Click here to visit Shelby County District Court.
- GRASSY - Gang Reduction Assistance and Saving Society's Youth: The Lodestar Program.
The GRASSY Lodestar Program is a gang intervention mentoring program in Trezevant
and Frayser High Schools. The program is a component of the OJJDP Comprehensive Gang
Model. Each mentor will receive certificates from the Shelby County District Attorney's
Office and the MCS Office of Gang Awareness. Lodestar mentors should have a desire
and genuine concern for high risk gang related students. Click here to learn more.
- LifeLine to Success - A group of ex-offenders, organized by Pastor DeAndre Brown, is working to fight
blight and restore people's lives in Frayser. Volunteer opportunities are available
almost every Friday. Like their Facebook page by clicking here. We'll be partnering with them on several up-coming events.
- Lock-up-and-Learn: Every week there are opportunities to get a one-on-one look at the Penal Farm or
the jail facility at 201 Poplar.Many students rank this among their most positive
experiences outside of class. Regardless of your career goals, you should do this!
Lock-up-and-Learn at 201 Poplar occurs every Tuesday from 3-6PM and the Lock-up-and-Learn at the Penal Farm happens every Wednesday from 10AM-1PM.
- Ridin' with MPD This program is designed for juniors and seniors intending to pursue
careers in law enforcement. You must clear a rigorous background check and be pre-approved
by the faculty advisor. Click here to sign up!
- TRACS - Truancy Reduction Action Coalition for Students: We have a partnership with the Shelby County District Attorney's Office to recruit
and train mentors to work with truant middle school students in Memphis City Schools.
Click here to learn more.