Sunday, December 14, 2014
1:00 p.m. (College of Arts & Sciences, College of Communication and Fine Arts, University College,
Law and Doctoral Hooding for these colleges). Arrive by 12 noon. FedEXForum
5:00 p.m.(Fogelman College of Business & Economics, College of Education, Health and Human Sciences,
Herff College of Engineering, Loewenberg School of Nursing, School of Public Health,
and Doctoral Hooding for these colleges/schools). Arrive by 4 p.m. FedEXFORUM
Cap and Gown Distribution Dates, Times & More Ceremonial Information
Cap and Gown Distribution
Thursday, December 11, 2014
8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
University Center (Ballroom/3rd floor)
Friday, December 12, 2014
8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
University Center (Ballroom/3rd Floor)
- Before arriving to Distribution, complete the Non-Attendance/Attendance Form. Bring proof of your completion to cap and gown distribution. You cannot participate
without filing out this last form.
- If you have not completed this form, including the survey, you need to do this in
order to participate and pick up your cap and gown.
- During Cap and Gown Distribution, you will receive,
- Mortarboard (Cap) with tassel
- Gown, including a Hood for Doctoral, Law, Master and Specialist's degrees only
- Pronouncer Card
- You must bring all the above items with you to Commencement day! Don't leave these items behind. Safety pins, for hoods and hair pins for caps are
also a good idea to have on hand graduation day.
- Undergraduate Honor Cords will be distributed on Commencement Day.
- The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours long. You must stay for the full duration.
- We stream all of our Commencements live. Check it out at www.memphis.edu/commencement/live.
- Arrive 1 hour prior to your ceremony and make your way down to the Event Level, where
you will line up with your respective College (please follow the signage). Your College
Faculty and Student Marshals will assist you with lining up within your degree program,
and you should have a number on your Pronouncer Card indicating your place in line.
Your Marshals will provide you with further instructions on the procession, as well
as provide earned Honor Cords (Undergraduates ONLY). Leave personal belongings with
family or friends. We cannot hold items and would not suggest you leave them unattended. You must bring cash
to pay for parking.
Location and Parking Details
Located in Downtown Memphis, TN 191 Beale Street, 38103
Directions: Printable Directions
Parking is available in the FedExForum Garage for a charge of $5.00 per vehicle for
the event. Please allow ample time to find the Arena and wait in line to enter the
parking garage. For more information on different parking options, please click HERE.
For more information about the Do's and Don'ts and to ensure everyone has a special
day, visit www.memphis.edu/commencement and select, Graduation Day!
All information regarding Commencement is online. Please check your Memphis e-mail
for further details.