Pomp and Circumstance
It's the big day. A feeling unlike any other, and here in the the Commencement Office we share your excitement. Our office has been celebrating graduation ceremonies and convocations since 1912. In the months leading up to graduation, look for important communication messages arriving from us to you via your UofM email. We recommend checking your email regularly so you do not miss a single step in the Four-Steps to Graduation process. If you are eager to learn more Commencement details, click through our website. If you have a question or concern you want to share in person, we are located in 101 Brister Hall.Up next
SATURDAY, August 6, 2016
10:00 am-All Colleges and Schools
- Arrive ONE hour prior to the event start for lineup.
- Event will be held at the FedExForum (see below for Security information). No tickets are required. Bring ONLY necessary items. Avoid items you don't need.
8:30 AM-4:00 PM
UC Ballroom (3rd Floor)
- Show an electronic copy (via phone) or hard copy (printed, if preferred) of Step 4: Required Graduation Form Submission (The Attendance/Non-Attendance Form). THIS IS THE CONFIRMATION PAGE YOU RECEIVED ONCE YOU SUCCESSFULLY SUBMITTED THE FORM.
To ensure your Commencement ceremony is enjoyable for you and your guests, please note the following:
Spring POSSIBLE DATE CHANGE
NOTE: Commencement Dates are updated as soon as possible. All dates are subject to change.
December 2016 - Sunday, December 11, 2016
- 11:00 am: College of Arts & Sciences, Communication and Fine Arts, University College and Law.
- 3:30 pm: Business, Education, Health Studies, Engineering, Kemmons Wilson, Nursing, Public Health and School of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
May 2017 - Saturday, May 6, 2017
- 10:00 am:College of Arts & Sciences, Communication and Fine Arts, University College and the Doctoral graduates for these colleges
- 2:30 pm: Fogelman College of Business & Economics, Kemmons Wilson School of Hospitality and Resort Management, College of Education, School of Health Studies, Herff College of Engineering, Loewenberg School of Nursing, School of Public Health, School of Communication Sciences & Disorders and the Doctoral graduates for these colleges and schools.
- Event will be held at the FedExForum. No tickets are required.
- May 2016 Backup date and times: Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 12:00 pm & 4:30 pm. Read more in our News Section.