Diploma Mailing Schedule
Recent Ceremony Diplomas
Diplomas are mailed 2-3 months after each commencement ceremony. Certification of each student's degree at the University of Memphis occurs after the Commencement ceremony. We order the diplomas when we receive the official word of certification from each college of school. We are unable to order diplomas early. We appreciate your patience and work to have diplomas ready as quickly as possible.
- If you have not received your diploma after 3 months, please call 901-678-5547. We recommend and suggest that you call us prior to visiting the office to ensure your diploma is in the office. Diplomas are typically held for 2 years, depending upon the nature or the reason the diploma was held.
- The Commencement Office's goal is to provide all graduates with diplomas in a timely
manner. Listed below are the diploma mailing schedules for each graduation term.
- Diplomas for May graduates will be mailed by the Commencement Office by August 1 of the same year.
- Diplomas for August graduates will be mailed by the Commencement Office by November 1 of the same year.
- Diplomas for December graduates will be mailed by the Commencement Office by March 1 of the next year.
No diploma will be released to any student that has a financial hold or has not completed requirements for certification.
Individual Diploma Orders and Duplicate Reorders
- Individual Diplomas
- Diplomas reordered for any reason will be available two weeks from the day of inquiry, excluding holiday schedules or scheduled maintenance.
- Duplicate Reorders
- Once we receive your reorder request, it will take approximately two weeks for our vendor to process your diploma. We appreciate your patience in this matter.