All candidates for graduation must wear appropriate regalia (cap and gown) at commencement.
If you have not picked up your cap and gown yet select the appropriate link below for more information:
Instructions for Wearing Regalia Hood (Masters, Doctoral and Law Graduates)
- To insure proper fit of your hood, we suggest that men wear a dress shirt and women
wear a blouse with buttons or a suit.
- Hold the hood in your hand by the velvet at the narrowest point. The loop should be
hanging straight down. Grasp the loop in your right hand and place the hood over your
head so the loop continues to hang straight down in front of your neck.
- Fasten the loop over a button on your shirt/blouse or jacket, or you may pin it in
place. This will prevent the hood from pressing on your throat.
- Midway down the back of the hood you will find another satin cord and loop. Fasten
this loop around the button on the inside of the hood to prevent the hood from falling
off your shoulders. This may require the assistance of another person.
- Be sure to have someone "fluff" the back of the hood just below the button, i.e.,
turn the velvet side underneath to expose the satin colors on the inside.