Policy for the Use of Cords at University of Memphis Commencement
- Academic Honor Cords shall be worn during academic events that require regalia, such as Commencement ceremonies
(fall, spring and summer).
- Cords shall represent undergraduates that have distinguished themselves with GPAs ranging from 4.0-3.25. Cords may be worn by Graduate Students that have earned cords in their undergraduate
- Undergraduate Cord colors will be white, with distinction; red/crimson, with high distinction; gold, with highest distinction.
- Cords shall represent academic University recognized honor societies and service in
the military only. For a list of University recognized honor societies, click here.
- Stoles may be used by Registered Student Organizations RSOs (only). For a list of Registered Student Organizations, click here.