How we help
Many students, at times, experience uncertainty or confusion about themselves or their life situations. Some common concerns may be related to relationship problems, adjustment to college, family issues, academic concerns, childhood abuse, or sexual assault. There is no problem too small or too big to bring to counseling. We are committed to the total development of University of Memphis students by reducing psychological problems and distress and by enhancing quality of life and personal well-being.
Counseling Center Services
We offer free counseling services to students enrolled for at least six credit hours in the current spring or fall semester. Spring and fall semester students can come to counseling in the summer without taking summer classes. Students can walk in Monday–Friday between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.
Other confidential services we offer free of charge:
- Individual Counseling
- Couples and Family Counseling
- Relaxation Counseling
- Biofeedback Resources
- Group Opportunities
- Urgent/Crisis Services
- Psychiatric Evaluation and Medication Management ( uninsured students only)
- ADHD Support (Testing is available for a fee)
- Substance Abuse Screenings and Support
- Individual & Small Group "Wellness Breaks"
- Campus Outreach and Education Programs