The following signs may mean you or a friend is at risk for suicide:
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill themselves.
- Looking for a way to kill themselves, such as searching online or buying a gun
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Behaving recklessly.
There may be other indicators. If you have any doubt, please call the Counseling Center for help at 901.678.2068.
After Hours Counselor On Duty Urgent Crisis Services 901.678.4357 / 901.678.HELP
Police Services 901.678.4357 / 901.678.HELP
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1.800.273.TALK (8255)