No worries! It is super common to be nervous your first time in to any Counseling
Center. We know this and want to make your first visit to see us as comfortable as
possible. Here is a brief outline of what you can expect when you come to the Counseling
- First visits to the Center do not require an appointment. Students can walk in Monday
- Friday between 10 am and 2 pm to get the ball rolling and meet with center staff.
Counseling services are confidential and free to enrolled students.
- It’s a good idea to allow about 30 minutes for the first visit. You will have an opportunity
to meet with a counselor on staff and to complete a brief and confidential questionnaire.
- We are committed to minimizing wait times as much as possible. You should be able
to see a staff counselor within 15 minutes of your arrival.
- During the initial first appointment session, you will be asked to describe your current
concerns. The staff counselor will make every effort to understand you and your situation
and will likely ask questions to obtain specific information about your well-being.
- At the end of the appointment, the counselor will talk with you about all the services
that are available at the center to best meet your needs.
- We do not have a set number of times a student can be seen by one of our counselors.