Thank you for your interest in employment at the Recreation Center!
Applicants for all positions may print and fill out an application, then submit it in person to the appropriate person listed for each specific job opening, including:
- Entry Worker--no openings at this time.
- Equipment Attendant--no openings at this time.
- Fitness Attendant--no openings at this time.
- Lifeguard--now accepting applications for lifeguards to work all shifts. Must have the following current certifications: Lifeguard, CPR/AED, and First Aid. Must also be able to work some weekends and be able to attend Lifeguard In-service training once a month on Sunday evenings from 5 to 7 p.m. Pay: $9 an hour. For more information, contact Ashley Chism at 901.678.3461 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intramurals-no openings at this time.
Students must be: a full-time U of M student in good academic standing; have a U.S. Social Security number; have a bank or CU checking account; not work at another on-campus job; have appropriate certifications (lifeguards, instructors); be reliable and flexible; be able to articulate and able to communicate clearly; be able to deal with customer conflicts; be able to work on weekends along with during the week; be able to come to work 10 minutes early for your shift and punch out in a timely manner; be able to make quick judgments concerning incidences and emergencies; be able to attend all mandatory training and in-service training sections; and be able to understand clearly all policies concerning building usage and safety.