The Department of Campus Recreation Intramural Services
The Student Recreation and Fitness Center
Issued: December 17, 2004
Responsible Executive Officer: Vice President of Student Affairs
Responsible Office: Student Affairs
Policy Statement: The University of Memphis will provide UM students, faculty, staff, and guests an
opportunity to enjoy their leisure and fitness activities in a safe environment.
The University of Memphis student is our highest priority.
Purpose: Students faculty, staff, guest and associate members are eligible by virtue of payment
of appropriate membership or user fees.
Title: CRIS Complex Facility and Larry O. Finch Gymnasium
1. The CRIS Department will provide a safe environment for supervised activities.
However, the University assumes no responsibility for injuries received in any program
or activity scheduled in the Student Recreation and Fitness Center Complex.
2. The SRFC is open for recreational and other use during time periods established
by the Director of the Department of CRIS. Current hours of operation will be posted
in the appropriate facilities. Schedules may vary periodically based on University
requirements or utilization need.
3. Web site address: http://www.memphis.edu/cris.
4. Recreational use of the SRFC shall be afforded to those individuals who are directly
associated with the University and show evidence of this association and/or pay appropriate
user fees. Use by a non-affiliated group or organization shall be permitted only with
co-sponsorship by a University division, college or department; and the activity must
be related to the professional or educational function of the division, college or
5. All activities taking place in the Student Recreation and Fitness Center Complex
and Finch gymnasium require active University co-sponsorship. A representative of
the co-sponsor must be present and responsible at such activities. This person must
also make all arrangements with the CRIS Scheduling Office related to the activity.
Co-sponsorship by an officially recognized student organization or use by a non-affiliated
group or organization shall not relieve the group or organization from paying the
appropriate space use fee.
6. University of Memphis student activities shall be permitted in any approved University
facility with no space fee charge to the student group. Student activities shall
be charged for all other expenses, which arise out of use of facilities. The SRFC
shall be closed on designated University holidays unless otherwise posted.
7. All currently enrolled students and faculty, staff with membership may use these
facilities upon presentation of a valid University of Memphis I.D. card and payment
of appropriate fees.
8. All currently enrolled alumni, community, temporary or contract personnel may use
these facilities upon presentation of a valid CRIS I.D. card and payment of appropriate
1. Scheduling the use of the CRIS Complex- Student Recreation and Fitness Center (SRFC)
facilities and Larry O. Finch Gymnasium is the responsibility of the Campus Recreation
Intramural Services (CRIS) Department. The CRIS Scheduling Office (CSO) coordinates
space requests and facilitates utilization of the facilities and areas.
2. Appropriate user and rental fees will be charged to individuals and groups using
the SRFC. Payments to be made to the CSO.
Scheduling Facilities and Guidelines
PROCEDURE NO.: 2A:04:02A
DATE: August 16, 1992
DATED: June, 1992