Questions about what I need to know and do prior to the fall semester:
- How do I access my U of M email address?
- What is a program partner?
- What is a clinical experience form?
- Do I need a background check?
- What about drug testing?
- Do I need to be certified in CPR?
- Do I need any vaccinations?
- Will I have 24-hour access to the building?
- I don’t have a background in Communication Disorders. Are there any prerequisites
Questions about registration, fees, and Graduate Assistantships:
- When do I register?
- How do I register?
- Why does my myMemphis account indicate that I have been awarded an assistantship and
I have not received a contract?
- I have been awarded a graduate assistantship, what can I expect to do for the assistantship?
- Are there additional expenses I need to be aware of beyond tuition?
Questions about class and clinic:
- Which classes will I take and when are they scheduled?
- Where do I buy textbooks?
- When will I start clinic?
- What can I expect for my first clinical assignment?
- Is there a dress code?
- How do I show proof of my observation or clinical clock hours?
- Are there computers available for student use at the School?
Questions about what to expect the first week:
- Where is the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) and the Memphis
Speech and Hearing Center (MSHC)?
- When is orientation? What will happen at orientation?
- Will there be any social events during orientation?
- Is there parking at MSHC?
- How do I get a student ID?