Dual Enrollment
University of Memphis Photo
Dual Enrollment Information for High School Teachers

Required Teaching Credentials

Minimum Academic Credentials

SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), the University of Memphis’ accrediting body, requires that faculty teaching undergraduate courses “have a doctoral or master’s degree in the teaching discipline or a master’s degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline, and a minimum of eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.”

Exceptions to these criteria may be granted when potential faculty members have skills or experience in the discipline that will materially contribute to the students’ educational experiences.

Submission of Credentials

Applicants must submit (1) an official transcript of the highest degree and any additional graduate courses in the discipline (we can obtain transcript(s) from the University of Memphis); (2) a current vitae or resume (may be sent as an e-mail attachment); and (3) two signed letters of recommendation (letters sent as e-mail attachments must come directly from the recommender and not be forwarded from the applicant).

Required Teaching Credentials
University Contacts
Course Details and Grading
Library Instruction

Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Admissions | Financial Aid | Recruitment | Registrar | Scholarships
Office of Admissions | 201 Wilder Tower | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901-678-2111 | Email Us
Last Updated: 3/13/14