Interested in how UM Online can help you succeed in your degree? Our new Online Student Orientation site provides a convenient location for online students to learn about a multitude
of resources that will promote your academic success here at the University of Memphis.
Ready to get started with eCampus at the University of Memphis?
Online classes are engaging and convenient but they do require high levels of self-discipline
and motivation. To ensure a successful online experience, it is essential to have
regular, reliable, access to the appropriate computer equipment and a high-speed internet connection. You must also have an active University of Memphis e-mail account.
Are you ready to be a successful online student? Find out here.
The enrollment process for online students is identical to that of on-campus students.
Just follow these steps:
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
Please note that some programs require a special application. You should review the
information for the undergraduate or graduate program that is of interest to you.
- Once your application is submitted, please contact any institutions that you have
previously attended to request official copies of your transcripts. Ask the institution
to send your transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
101 John Wilder Tower
The University of Memphis
Memphis, TN 38152
The Admissions Office will notify you within two weeks of receiving your application.
- Apply for financial aid as soon as possible! It is a lengthy approval process.
eRate fees will be assessed for all out-of-state students who are enrolled solely in online
courses for the semester that fees are incurred. This rate will consist of the in-state
Maintenance Fees plus 50% of that Maintenance Fee. Students will not have to pay on-campus
program or online course fees, but they will have to pay college- or program-specific
fees as noted on the Bursar's fee charts. RODP program fees will be assessed in addition to the eRate.
Please note: If the student enrolls in any on-campus courses, the full out-of-state maintenance
fees will be assessed for all course sections, whether they are online or on-campus.
- After you've been admitted, meet with your academic advisor. Undecided majors should contact the Academic Counseling Center. Decided majors contact your chosen academic department.
- If you are a full-time online student, complete an exemption request provided through Student Health Services. Without an approved exemption request or
documentation of current immunizations, students will be restricted when attempting
- Register * for your classes via the "Student" tab in the myMemphis portal. Be sure to read all of the footnotes about your classes! A registration guide will
be mailed to you with your acceptance letter from the Admissions office, or you can
find it under our links of interest.
- Be sure to pay your fees. In the myMemphis portal, check your Account$ tab frequently for balances due or messages from the Bursar regarding your account.
- Once you are registered, find out how to get started in your UMOnline and/or RODP courses.
*Students who are admitted to the University of Memphis may not register to audit
RODP online courses.