UofM Official Email Signature
If using a Mac with Microsoft Outlook 2011:
Using your mouse, select the appropriate template below and type "Command+C" to copy:
|For Faculty or Staff Use:||For Faculty Use ONLY:|
|For Lambuth Use Only:
||For Athletic Use ONLY:|
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click to edit "Preferences"
- Select "Signatures"
- Click the "+" button to create a new signature
- In the content area on the left, paste the signature that you copied by typing "Command+V"
- In order to ensure the signature pastes properly, select the "Paste Options" box as shown below:
- Select "Keep Source Formatting"
- You can now edit the text. Please follow standards outlined here.
- Social Media Icons
- The icons currently shown link to the UofM's social media. If you would like to edit the icons to represent your organization's platforms, contact email@example.com and include social media links. A custom signature will be created for you.
- Additional buttons are available for YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. Action buttons such as Apply Now, Buy Tickets, Make a Gift, etc. can be created upon request.
- Icons must retain the same shape and blue color.
- Including social media icons is optional.
- To set your new signature, select "Default Signatures" in the lower right corner of the pop-up box
- Select your new signature from the dropdown box. All new emails and responses will now include this signature.
Truncated Signature for Replies/Forwards
Outlook for Mac does not have a setting to select different signatures for new emails vs. replies. You can create a secondary signature and manually select it for replies/forwards if you wish.
- Follow the directions above and create a new signature. Delete the images to leave only your name and title.
- When sending a reply, select the "Signatures" box and click on the "replies/forwards" signature
For additional support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-678-2333.