Coordinator of Applied Linguistics
B.A., 1970, Memphis State University
M.A., 1974, University of Arizona
M.A., 1975, University of Arizona
Ph.D., 1983, University of Arizona
Professor Dalle teaches and researches in the area of English as a Second Language, second language pedagogy, and classroom-based language acquisition. She has presented at regional, national, and international conferences and consults with local and state educational agencies on issues concerning English language learners. Her publications focus on linguistics, English language teaching, and classroom practices. She is actively involved in several professional organizations including TESOL, Tennessee TESOL, and the Shelby-Memphis Council Teachers of English.
- Dalle, T. and Fridland, G. "Start with what they know. Build with what they have—Survival Skills for Refugee Women." Case Studies in Community Partnerships. TESOL: Arlington, VA, 2002.
- Dalle, T. and Young, Laurel. PACE Yourself: A Handbook for the ESL Tutor. TESOL: Arlington, VA, 2003.
- Dalle, T. "Narrative Activities: Inexpensive to Implement Yet valuable to Literacy." Tennessee English Journal 15, October 2004: 34-37.
- Dalle, T. "Self-Assessment: Current forms and effective practices in EFL". Revista para la Enseñanza de Idiomas. The Universidad de Guadalajara. May 2006.
- Dalle, T., Park, H., and Jeon, M. "Friendlier or More Friendlier? Corpus Analysis Findings on the Use of the Adjective Comparison Forms in English," TNTESOL Journal 4, 2004: 8-21.
- Dalle, T. and Thevenot, A. ":Challenging Pre-service Teachers to Become Culturally Competent." TEIS News. June 2014. http://newsmanager.commpartners.com/tesolteis/issues/2014-06-04/5.html.
- Dalle, T. and Thrush, E. "Quick Tip: Guiding Student Writing Through 'Extended Definition'." TESOL Connections. August 2014. http://newsmanager.commpartners.com/tesolc/issues/2014-08-01/.