Courtney Miller Santo
Instructor, Editor-in-Chief of the Pinch, and Director of River City Writers Series
MFA in Fiction, 2011, University of Memphis
B.A. in Journalism and Russian Studies, 1998, Washington and Lee University
Courtney is the author of two novels, The Roots of the Olive Tree and Three Story House, both published by HarperCollins. Her works have been translated into German, Italian, Hungarian, Korean, Dutch, Spanish, Polish, Turkey, and Slovenian. Her debut novel was selected by Redbook Magazine to launch its monthly book club.
Currently, she serves as Editor-in-Chief of The Pinch and as director of the River City Writers Series for 2016-2017. She also chairs the MidSouth Book Festival.
In addition to her novels, she has published a number of essays, fiction and poetry in Shark Reef, Green Briar Review, the Los Angeles Review, Irreantum, Memphis Magazine and Mason's Road among others.
Since beginning her writing career in 2011, Courtney's work has been an Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Semifinalist, won the Memphis Magazine Fiction Contest Grand Prize, been nominated for a Whitney and placed in the Porter Fleming Literary Contest.
- Three Story House, William Morrow, 2014
- Roots of the Olive Tree, William Morrow, 2012
- "Wind Gap," Memphis Magazine, June, 2012
- "The End of Happy Endings," Irreantum, Spring, 2012
- "Flight," Irreantum , Spring, 2011
- "The Opposite of Sound," Sunstone Magazine
- "Bank Bound," Los Angeles Review, 2011
- "Shoulder-to-Shoulder," Segullah, 2008