Ankita Mohapatra is currently a PhD student in ESARP Lab, University of Memphis since January 2013. She earned her Bachelor Degree from College of Engineering and Technology, Biju Patnaik University of Technology, India in August 2011.
Her areas of interest are Smart Biomaterials, Signal Processing, and Neural Network Computing.
Worked as an intern under Dr B K Panigrahi, Associate Professor, Indian Institute
of Technology, Delhi (India) in the area of Wavelet Transforms, Optimization Algorithms
(Genetic Algorithm, Particle Swarm Optimization, Harmony Search, Seeker-Optimisation,
Bacteria foraging, Biogeography Based algorithms), etc and published some papers in
international journals and conferences in the same.
Worked as an intern on project titled ''PMSG based Wind Energy Conversion System" under Dr Sukumar Mishra, Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, from 22nd June 2010 to 23rd July 2010.
Currently employed as Graduate Research Assistant under Dr Bashir Morshed, Assistant
Professor, EECE Deptt exploring Drug Delivery using Smart Biomaterials, EECE Deptt.,
University of Memphis, TN, USA, since Jan 2013
Worked as Project Assistant under Dr Bhim Singh, Professor, IIT Delhi on "Analysis and Design of converters for Grid-interfaced solar power plants" from Oct 1st 2012 to Dec 1st 2012
Worked as Research Associate with Dr P K Dash on Wind Power integrated systems, at Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar (India) from Aug 24th 2011 to Sept 30th 2012.
Accomplished a summer Industrial Internship from 10th June 2009 to 9th July at the Electrical Engineering Department of Ambuja Cement, Rabriyawas Unit, Rajasthan (India).
A. Mohapatra, M. A. Harris, B. I. Morshed, J. A. Jennings, J. Bumgardner, T. Fujiwara, S. R. Mishra, D. A. Levine, G. McGraw, W. O. Haggard, USPTO Provisional Patent Application, 52/401,751, Sep. 29, 2016.
B. K. Panigrahi, A. Mohapatra, Papia Ray and Swagatam Das, "Automated Power Quality Disturbance Classication using Evolvable Neural Network", Integration of Swarm Intelligence and Artificial Neural Network, Series in Machine Perception and Artificial Intelligence, World Scientific Press, pp. 121-136, 2011.
Refereed Journal Publications
• A. Mohapatra, M. A. Harris, D. LeVine, M. Ghimire, J. A. Jennings, B. I. Morshed, W. O. Haggard, J. D. Bumgardner, S. R. Mishra, T. Fujiwara, "Magnetic Stimulus Responsive Vancomycin DDS Based on Chitosan Microbeads Embedded with Magnetic Nanoparticles", J. Biomed. Mater. Res. Part B, accepted
• M. Harris, H. Ahmed, B. Barr, A. Mohapatra, D. Levine, L. Pace, B. Morshed, J. Bumgardner, J. A. Jennings, "Magnetic Stimuli-Responsive Chitosan-based Drug Delivery Biocomposite for Multiple Triggered Release", Int. J. Biol. Macromolec., 2017, accepted
• A. Mohapatra, B. Morshed, W. O. Haggard, R. A. Smith, "Stealth Engineering for in vivo Drug Delivery Systems", Crit. Rev. Biomed. Eng., vol. 43, pp. 347-69, 2016.
• R. Pandi, A. Mohapatra, B. K. Panigrahi, K. R. Krishnanand, "A Multi-objective Improved Bacteria Foraging Algorithm for Economic Load Dispatch considering Emission", Int. J. Computational Science and Engineering, vol. 11(2), 2015.
• K. Panigrahi, S. K. Sinha, A. Mohapatra, P. Dash, M. K. Mallick, "A Comparative Study of Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition Approach for Power Quality Disturbance Classification", IETE Journal of Research, vol 57(1), pp. 5-11, 2014.
• M. R. Lohokare, B. K. Panigrahi, S. S. Pattanaik, S. Devi, A. Mohapatra, "Neighborhood Search Driven Accelerated Biogeography-Based Optimization for Optimal Load Dispatch", IEEE Trans SMC Part C, vol. 42(5), pp. 641-652, 2012.
• P. Chakraborty, G. G. Roy, B. K. Panigrahi, R. C. Bansal, A. Mohapatra, "Dynamic Economic Dispatch Using Harmony Search Algorithm with Modified Differential Mutation Operator", Journal of Electrical Engineering, Springer, vol. 94(4), pp. 197-205, 2012.
• K. R. Krishnanand, A. Mohapatra, B. K. Panigrahi, P. K. Rout, M. K. Mallick, "Optimal Short – term Hydrothermal Generation scheduling using Modified Seeker Optimization Algorithm", International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control (IJMIC), vol. 15(4), pp. 250-258, 2012.
• V. R. Pandi, B. K. Panigrahi, R. C. Bansal, S. Das, A. Mohapatra, "Economic Load Dispatch Using hybrid Swarm Intelligence based Harmony Search Algorithm", Int. J. Electric Power Components and Systems, Taylor and Francis, vol. 39(8), pp. 751-767, 2011.
• V. R. Pandi, B. K. Panigrahi, A. Mohapatra, M. K. Mallick, "Economic load dispatch solution with improved harmony search with wavelet mutation", Int. J. Computational Science And Engineering, vol. 6(1-2), pp. 122-131, 2011.
• V. R. Pandi, S. K. Sinha, A. Mohapatra, B. K. Panigrahi, S. Das, "Optimal feature retrieval for classification of non-stationary Power Quality disturbances", Int. J. Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing, vol. 2(3), pp. 211-222, 2010.
Refereed Conference Publications
• A. Mohapatra, M. Harris, M. Ghimire, B. I. Morshed, J. A. Jennings, W. O. Haggard, J. Bumgardner, S. Mishra, T. Fujiwara, "Chitosan Microbeads with MNP on Printed Electrodes for Electric Stimulus Responsive Drug Delivery'', IEEE Medical Measurements and Applications (MeMeA), pp. 464-469, 2017.
• A. Mohapatra, G. McGraw, B. I. Morshed, J. A. Jennings, W. O. Haggard, J. D. Bumgardner, S. R. Mishra, "Electric Stimulus of Chitosan Microbeads Embedded with Magnetic Nanoparticles for Controlled Drug Delivery", IEEE Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies Conference, pp. 284-287, 2014.
• A. Mohapatra, M. N. Sahadat, B. I. Morshed, G. McGraw, A. P. Hoban, J. A. Jenning, W. O. Haggard, J. D. Bumgardner, S. R. Mishra, "Stimuli-Controlled Drug Delivery System Development with Implantable Biocompatible Chitosan Microbeads", 4th IAJC/ISAM Joint International Conference, Paper 77, 2014.
• A. Hoban, G. McGraw, A. Mohapatra, et al. 2014, "Preliminary Results for the Addition of Fe3O4 Nanoparticle Impregnated Chitosan Microspheres to the Chitosan Sponge for Stimuli Responsive Antibiotic Delivery", Society for Biomaterials Annual Meeting and Exposition, 2014.
• A. Mohapatra, B. K. Panigrahi, B. Singh, R. Bansal, "Optimal Placement of Capacitors in Distribution Networks Using a Modified Teaching-Learning Based Algorithm", Swarm, Evolutionary and Memetic Computing, LNCS 7677, pp. 398-405, 2012.
• A. Mohapatra, S. Behera, R. Bansal, S. Nayak, "A study on DG and capacitor placement in radial distribution system", IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems, pp. 1-6, 2012.
• A. Mohapatra, B. K. Panigrahi, M. K. Mallick, Z. Cui, S. Hong, "A Hybrid Approach for Short Term Electricity Load and Price Forecasting", IEEE International Conference on Energy, Automation and Signal, pp. 1-5, 2011.
• A. Mohapatra, S. K. Sinha, B. K. Panigrahi, M. K. Mallick, S. Hong, "Feature Selection and Accurate Classification of Single and Multiple Power Quality Events", IEEE International Conference on Energy, Automation and Signal, pp. 1-6, 2011.
• K. R. Krishnanand, B. K. Panigrahi, P. K. Rout, A. Mohapatra, "Application of Multi-Objective Teaching-Learning-Based Algorithm to an Economic Load Dispatch Problem with Incommensurable Objectives", International Conference on Swarm, Evolutionary and Memetic Computing, Part I, LNCS 7076, pp. 695-705, 2011.
• K. R. Krishnanand, P. K. Rout, B. K. Panigrahi, A. Mohapatra, "Solution to Non-convex Electric Power Dispatch Problem Using Seeker Optimization Algorithm", International Conference on Swarm, Evolutionary and Memetic Computing, LNCS 6466, pp. 537-544, 2010.
• M. Lohokare, B. K. Panigrahi, S. S. Pattanaik, S. Devi, A. Mohapatra, "Optimal Load Dispatch using Accelerated Biogeography-Based Optimisation", IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems, pp. 1-5, 2010.
• R. Giri, A. Chowdhury, A. Ghosh, B. K. Panigrahi, A. Mohapatra, "Electricity price forecasting: A hybrid wavelet transform and evolutionary-ANN approach", IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems, pp. 1-6, 2010.
• A. Basak, S. Pal, V. R. Pandi, B. K. Panigrahi, M. K. Mallick, A. Mohapatra, "A novel multi-objective formulation for hydrothermal power scheduling based on reservoir end volume relaxation", International Conference on Swarm, Evolutionary and Memetic Computing, LNCS 6466, pp. 718-726, 2010.
Was awarded the prestigious "Herff Fellowship Award" from Fall 2013 for her PhD studies
at the University of Memphis.
Was awarded the institution gold medal by The Institution of Engineers (India) for presenting a paper titled "A hybrid approach for Short Term Electric Load Forecasting" on 52th Annual Technical Session held on 27th February 2011.
Was awarded the merit scholarship by College of Engineering and Technology for exemplary academic achievement throughout the period of undergraduate degree.