- Summer 2008 Research Fellowship Award Program: Congratulations to Mr. Mohammad Nejad,
Ms. Christine Kowalczyk and Mr. Robert Evans and all Ph.D. Students at the Dept. of
Marketing and Supply Chain Management , for receiving the Summer 2008 Research Fellowship
Award. The award program is sponsored by the enterprise Simulation and Optimization
Lab (eSOL), FedEx Center for Supply Chain Management and Department of Marketing and
Supply Chain Management. The main objective of this award program is to enhance research
productivity and quality of students within the Ph.D. program.
- Mr. Mohammad Nejad, Ph.D. student at The Department of Marketing and Supply Chain
Management, received first place research award in the 20th Annual Student Research Forum at The University of Memphis. His research project "Agent Based Modeling and Simulation:
A New Approach to Word-of-Mouth research in Diffusion of New Product" is sponsored
by the eSOL.
- Agent-Based Simulation in the Science magazine
- eSOL in Memphis Business Journal: U of M's eSOL to expand simulation research with grants from Navy, Urban Child Institute.
- eSOL receives $250,000 Research Grant from the Navy via Department of Defense for
Academic Year 2007-2008
- Enterprise Simulation and Optimization Lab (eSOL): Mission and Objectives Gain National
On July 30th, the House of Representatives passed unanimously H.Res.487, legislation declaring modeling and simulation a national critical technology
that provides unparalleled advancements in American competitiveness, develops new
and innovative ways to protect our homeland and our war fighters, and brings high-tech
jobs and economic prosperity to our communities.
For more information: http://www.house.gov/forbes/news
- Enterprise Simulation and Optimization Lab (eSOL) Receives a $50,000 Equipment Gift
from the Navy
- The Urban Child Institute endorses eSOL through a $100,000 research grant
- Department of Defense World Class Modeling Program awards eSOL with $250,000 research
enterprise Simulation and Optimization Lab (eSOL)
365 Innovation Drive, Suite 201
FedEx Institute of Technology
The University of Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee 38152-3115