FCBE Honors Program Undergoes Transformation
For release: October 1, 2010
The Fogelman College of Business & Economics (FCBE) is renewing its Honors program
in order to increase engagement with, and attract a greater number of, high-ability
business students. In conjunction with the expanding Helen Hardin Honors Program,
there are several changes that are being made to honors provision in the College.
Some of these are listed below:
- Opening of a dedicated Honors Commons Room (FCB 274) in Fall 2010.
- Creation of a FCBE Honors Student Organization.
- Access to a dedicated honors advisor, Mary Johnson.
- An annual honors dinner held during the spring semester.
- Provision of an industry mentor and increased interaction with faculty mentors.
- Launch of an honors speaker series.
The new Honors Commons room was officially opened by Provost Ralph Faudree on September
21st at 11am during the FCBE Open House.
In addition to the initiatives laid out above, there are steps being taken to increase
honors activities at departmental levels, including opportunities for increased engagement
with research faculty. Other changes will be made to the honors program in the months
ahead to further enhance the experience that our leading students have in the FCBE.
Professor Irvin Tankersley serves as the College's Honors Director.