Promoting Memphis Economic Development
The FedEx Institute of Technology is committed to making Memphis a leader in technology innovation by supporting the economic development of technology sectors throughout the city. Through proactive, action-oriented initiatives, the Institute contributes to technology workforce development, technology resource infrastructure development, and the advancement of the Memphis technology profile with research into emerging technology areas.
Some of our most recent contributions to economic development include:
- Launching formal partnerships with Tech901 and Memphis Technology Foundation. Join us for a signing ceremony Monday, April 25th, as we formalize these partnerships
- Providing free CompTIA A++ certification in partnership with Tech901
- Hosting professional user groups in Python, R, game development, machine learning, and website development with Memphis Technology Foundation
- Coordinating the Commercial Drone Expo, the first commercial unmanned aerial systems expo in Tennessee
- Collaborating with FedEx in virtual reality project development
- Leading high-level cyber security training for major corporations in Memphis, including: FedEx, AutoZone, St Jude, International Paper, and Service Master
The Institute believes that in order to attract and keep great technology companies in Memphis, world-class services including professional development must be accessible. The Institute provides this service in a contextualized research environment, ensuring our partners that the quality of the product we deliver is at, or above, the caliber they would find anywhere in the world.
We welcome partnerships with any company or organization with a commitment to technology development and the goal to grow Memphis as a world leader in economic development through the enrichment of technology resources.