The Financial Aid Office administers federal, state, and institutional aid programs to qualified students. To receive financial aid, qualified students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and qualifying non-citizens are eligible for federal financial aid.
Information Regarding the New FAFSA Changes!
The 2016-2017 FAFSA applies to Fall 2016 and Spring 2017
The 2016-2017 FAFSA is now available at http://www.fafsa.gov. 003509 is the school code for the University of Memphis.
Please note the priority deadline for the Fall 2016 Semester is March 1, 2016.
Note: Financial aid awards for Summer 2017 require the results from the 2016-2017 FAFSA.
HOW TO ACCEPT/DECLINE YOUR AWARD OFFER(S)
- Log on to your myMemphis account
- Click on the Account$ tab
- Scroll down, then click on the Financial Aid Awards link
- NOTE: If you do not have this link/"channel", call the ITD Help Desk at 901-678-8888.
- Select the Aid Year 2016-2017, then Submit
- Read the information under the General Information tab (note that the Accept Award Offer tab is not yet clickable/activated)
- Click on the Terms and Conditions tab, then scroll down to 'Accept' (the Terms and Conditions)
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab, then scroll down
- Click on the drop down box next to your award OFFER and select an option.
You will need an FSA ID to complete your FAFSA. For help obtaining an FSA ID, click here.
Need help with the 2016-17 FAFSA? Check out this online tutorial:
Another useful tutorial is the IRS Data Retrieval Tool:
(Clicking the above links opens a new window to the UC Santa Barbara website where the tutorial is hosted.)
Students must also submit any other required documents in order to complete the application prior to being awarded. That information is posted for students on myMemphis.
Sign up online NOW for eRefunds to receive excess financial aid and fee refunds.
|Contact Us:||Financial Aid Office||Phone: 901-678-4825|
|103 Wilder Tower||Fax: 901-678-3590|
|Memphis, TN 38152-3520||E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Office hours are: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.