When to Apply
To receive priority consideration Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible beginning January 1st each year.
Entering in Fall? Submit by February 1st deadline.
Entering in Spring? Submit by October 1st deadline.
Entering in Summer? Submit by March 1st deadline.
CHECK myMemphis OFTEN FOR MISSING REQUIREMENTS!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The 2016-2017 school year includes Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and Summer 2017.
- Summer aid requires the additional Summer Update Form located on the Financial Aid Forms page (available in early April each year).
- June 30, 2016 is the deadline for the central processing agency to receive your FAFSA for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Failure to meet FAFSA and document submission deadlines will result in late payment fees.
Financial Aid Processing Timeline 2016-2017
Your attention to this timeline will help to ensure your aid is processed prior to your first day of class.
- January - Continuing and new students need to complete the FAFSA online for the 2016-2017 academic year (includes Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017).
- February and March - Watch for your 2016-2017 Student Aid Report (results of your FAFSA filing). Pay attention to any document request e-mail notices received from the Financial Aid Office. SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IN A TIMELY FASHION.
- April - View your Financial Aid Award for Fall 2016 on myMemphis under the Account$ tab. If necessary, change award years by choosing the Award Information by Year option. The Student Requirements section will indicate if you are missing any financial aid documents for a particular
NOTE: The deadline to submit ALL required documents for the Fall term is MAY 01!
- May - Review your award information available on myMemphis. You can elect to 'Accept,' 'Accept Partial,' or 'Decline' any awards offered to you.
- June - Check to be sure you have done everything you are supposed to do for the Fall 2016 semester. Have you submitted all missing documents?
- July - It's TOO LATE NOW! You will NOT BE AWARDED UNTIL AFTER FALL 2016 registration in mid-September. You will need to cover your own fees at this time and then be reimbursed by your financial aid later assuming you meet the eligibility criteria to receive aid.