Welcome to the Language Fair website!
introduction and What's new
Each year the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures organizes the Language Fair, an event that underlines the importance of foreign language education for high school students. More than a thousand students participate, representing schools from across Memphis, Shelby County, and the Mid-South region.
The Language Fair engages students in competitions challenging their linguistic, artistic, and cultural skills in Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Latin, and Spanish. The events include vocabulary quizzes, art, crafts, poetry recitation, music, song, dance, and costumes. Additionally, the fair holds non-competitive performances and lessons throughout the day. We see the Foreign Language Fair as a time not only to celebrate foreign languages and cultures, but also as a huge recruiting event for the university.
- The 2017 Fair will be held on Saturday, April 1st. The theme will be "Passport to the World." More information about the 2017 Fair is coming soon!
- ***Poems are updated every year in November!! (Please be sure to check for the current year!!!!)***
- NEW (Nov. 4). Registration is now open! Please go to the Registration page for more details. The deadline is Feb. 28.
- NEW (Nov. 4). The 2017 Poetry recitation and Latin translation texts are now available!
- To stay up to date:
- Please come back to this website regularly for updates.
- The Co-Directors of the Language Fair (Lindsey Aston and Regan Frink) may be contacted at email@example.com.
- You can also follow us on Facebook (http://facebook.com/foreignlanguagefair) or on Twitter (@flfair). For photos of last year's Fair or future pics related to the Fair, check out our
Instagram feed (http://instagram.com/uofmflfair/).
WINNERS LISTS from Previous Fairs
Click on a year below to see the list of winners from that year's Language Fair.