Enhance your college experience at the U of M by becoming a member of the largest
organization on campus - the Fraternity/Sorority community. Joining a Memphis fraternity/sorority
is one of the most remarkable opportunities. Membership creates long-lasting memories
and fun-filled activities.
Since 1947, fraternities and sororities have been integral part of student life at
Memphis. Fraternity/sorority members are visible throughout the campus, holding membership
and leadership positions in campus organizations that range from departmental clubs
to the highest honor societies. Perhaps the greatest benefits of joining the Fraternity/Sorority
community are the diverse and lasting social networks, academic support, and positive
For more information on Fraternity & Sorority Affairs at The University of Memphis,
Chapters in IFC
Alpha Tau Omega, Kappa Alpha Order, Lambda Chi Alpha, Pi Kappa Alpha, Sigma Alpha
Epsilon, Sigma Chi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Zeta Beta Tau
Are you interested in participating in recruitment for Interfraternity Council? Would
you like to learn more about IFC chapters?
We'll contact you with all the up-to-date recruitment info for Fall 2014.
- Check out IFC-Sponsored Recruitment Week - September 8-19, 2014. This will be a chance to meet all our fraternities and learn
what fraternity life is all about - academics, service, social, leadership, and more!
- Our Vice President of Recruitment, Aidan Porter, can assist and answer questions for
you! Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapters in PAN
Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Gamma Delta, Delta Gamma, Kappa Delta, Phi Mu, Pi Beta Phi
The first time to join a Panhellenic Sorority is during Panhellenic Recruitment which
will take take place on Sunday, September 7-Sunday, September 14, 2014.
Why should you join a Panhellenic Sorority at Memphis? Watch this and we'll tell you why!
Click Here to register for The University of Memphis Panhellenic Formal Recruitment
- After you sign up for recruitment, you will be contacted by a sorority woman (your
Gamma Chi) who will help you find your sorority home at the University of Memphis!
- Got questions? Moriah has answers! Moriah Grantham, our Panhellenic Vice President
of Recruitment can be reached at email@example.com.
National Pan-Hellenic Council
Chapters in NPHC
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
How to join a chapter in the NPHC at The University of Memphis-
- Each organization has their own process, there is no single way to join any of the
- Attend a NPHC Intake Seminar to take place within the first three weeks of each semester
- Attend NPHC Interest Week events-NOT JUST THE SOCIAL EVENTS!!
- Attend chapter Interest Week events
- Make personal connections with current chapter members to let them know you are interested
- Ensure that you have: community service hours, letters of recommendation, and the
minimum number of academic hours required by the organization (This list is not all-inclusive
of what you will need to join. You will need to contact the organization for a detailed
list and chapter procedures)
National Pan-Hellenic Council interest weeks are posted on our all Greek calendar.
Updates are made weekly. Check out our calendar for more information!
- NPHC Week Fall 2014 will take place Tuesday, September 2-6, 2014. There will be an
Intake Seminar and Scholarship Tea during the week to give information about joining
a chapter at Memphis. Continue to look out for more details.
- THE INTAKE SEMINAR IS MANDATORY FOR ANYONE DESIRING TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY NPHC CHAPTERS'
MEMBERSHIP INTAKE PROCESS!
- To be added to the list to get special updates about the Universtiy of Memphis NPHC,
contact the NPHC President, Mallory Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.