Making that first phone call for treatment is probably one of the biggest – and most
difficult – steps a person can take. We understand this and want to make the process
as easy and comfortable as possible for you.
Below is a list of steps to expect during the first call and initial appointment:
- A receptionist will ask a few questions about why you are calling and how to best
contact you. This information will then be matched with an available therapist.
- The assigned therapist will contact you using the information you provided within
48 hours to set up an appointment. **Please note that in emergency situations, immediate
help will be made available.
- When you first arrive to the clinic, the receptionist will have you fill out some
paperwork before meeting with the therapist.
- You and the therapist will meet one-on-one for about 1 hour to talk more about your
concerns and discuss the treatment program in more detail. (**if you would like a
spouse or any other family members to come with you, the therapist will be happy to
- After this first appointment, you and the therapist will arrange times that fit your
schedule for any following appointments.
Speaking to someone about your concerns for the first time in a new setting can be
scary. Our therapists are there to carefully listen without judgment, treat you with
respect, and do their best to provide the help you need.
Reasons Why People Gamble
How do you know gambling is a problem?
What The Gambling Clinic is all about