Thesis/Dissertation Preparation Guide
The Graduate School Thesis/Dissertation Preparation Guide sets forth requirements for preparing and submitting master's theses and doctoral dissertations to the Graduate School for review and for submission to the Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) archival system.
NOTE: All students must submit a Thesis/Dissertation Defense Announcement form at least three weeks prior to the date of their defense.
Students must have successfully defended their document and have it approved by their committee before submitting to the Graduate School for review. Do not submit your document to the ETD system until AFTER you have received any additional corrections (if any) from the Graduate School. Once additional corrections have been made, you may then convert your document to PDF and submit electronically.
REQUIRED FORMS FOR REVIEW PROCESS
- Final Committee Approval Form for Electronic Submission.This form must be submitted with your Review copy and NOT before.
- A copy of the signed Final Thesis/Dissertation Defense Results, if one has not already been submitted to the Graduate School by your department.
- Comprehensive Exam Results Form (for Master's Students Only). The Graduate School is required to have a Comprehensive Exam Results form for ALL master's degree seeking students. If you have not been administered a separate oral and/or written comprehensive exam by your department, the oral defense of your thesis will satisfy the comprehensive exam requirement. This form must be submitted with your review copy, unless one has already been submitted by your department.
- Thesis/Dissertation Checklist - must be reviewed and signed by both student and major professor.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Approval or Exempt