2017-2018 GRE Fee Reduction Certificate Guidelines and Request
Effective 07/01/2017 through 06/30/2018
- To be eligible for a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate, an applicant must have on file
the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and must be a U.S.
citizen or resident alien who is a college senior or an unenrolled college graduate,
- College seniors must be (1) receiving financial aid through an undergraduate college in the U.S., American Samoa, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico AND EITHER (2) a dependent, who has an Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR) that shows a parental contribution of not more than $2,500 for the senior year, OR (3) self-supporting and have an ISIR that shows a contribution of not more than $3,000 for the senior year.
- Unenrolled college graduates must have (1) have applied for financial aid, AND (2) have an ISIR that indicates self-supporting status and a contribution of not more than $3,000.
- Individuals previously approved for a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate may retake a GRE test for 50 percent of the full test fee of $195 within submitting a new Fee Reduction Certificate and ISIR form if testing within one calendar year of their approval date. These individuals can download the Declaration of Eligibility form available at www.ets.org/gre/feereductions, and follow the directions on the form.
- The coordinator must complete and sign the certificate and note in the student's file that a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate has been issued by the coordinator signing the certificate, as well as the Registrar's Office affixing the seal or school stamp on it, it attests to the applicant's eligibility in accordance with the GRE Board requirements indicated above. Allow the coordinator 24 hours to complete the GRE Fee Reduction Certificate Request.
- The applicant needs to follow the directions on the GRE Fee Reduction Certificate to register for a GRE test.
If you meet these requirements and want to request a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate, please complete the GRE Fee Reduction Request Form and submit it to the Enrollment Services Student Support Center, 103 Wilder Tower. You can access a copy of the form by visiting the following website: http://www.memphis.edu/financialaid/graduate/index.php.