The Academic Fund of the University of Memphis provides funds to attract high caliber
master's students who are only able to attend this university part-time and are thus
unable to access many traditional forms of support.
Awardees will receive $1,500 ($750 per semester; this does not include a tuition scholarship)
and be designated "Master's Fellow in (Department)". Up to 10 awards are available
each academic year.
- Students must be fully admitted to a graduate program by February 21, 2015 for Fall 2015 competition.
- Students must not be previously enrolled in that program.
- Departments will recommend candidates to the Dean of their college or school. Determined
by a competitive process at the college or school, each Dean will recommend students
in ranked order to the Vice Provost for Graduate Programs.
- The recommendation consists of a completed Graduate School Competitive Awards Nomination Form with required supporting documentation and any other relevant materials required by the college or school.
Terms of the Award:
- Recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 in order to receive the second term
funding. This award is limited to one year.
- Recipients must not hold a graduate assistantship or be employed by The University
of Memphis in any way.
- Recipients must enroll for a MINIMUM OF THREE or a MAXIMUM OF EIGHT credit hours.
Nomination Form: The form is also available in the Graduate School, Administration 215.
DEADLINE MAY 13, 2015 Recommendations from the College should be forwarded to:
Dr. Jasbir Dhaliwal
Vice Provost for Graduate Programs
Administration Building 215