Graduate Faculty Status Application
Dynamic Forms Entry Instructions
The Graduate School is pleased to release a paperless process for graduate faculty status applications. Please carefully follow the directions below to create an application or approve an application submitted to you. For those who approve applications, please read the instruction sets for both applicants and approvers to be familiarized with the electronic review process. If you have questions regarding the instructions below, please contact please contact Gargee Phansalkar (email@example.com) or Dr. James Kierulff (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you.
- Academic department faculty status application review procedures may require the involvement of your chair, academic department committee, college counsel and college dean. For some departments, not all of these entities are needed. Your first step is to determine, before starting your application, who will be reviewing your application. For this electronic application you will only need to know who will approve your application at the chair and dean level. You will be entering their names and email addresses into the application. (Note separately committee and counsel representatives if needed. You will need to forward your application and supporting documentation by email to the respective chairs or their assigned.) If you do not have either a chair or college dean (as is the case for some departments), please use an equivalent. Two unique signatures of authority are needed to process a faculty status form.
- In your browser, go to the form URL: https://umwa.memphis.edu/dynamicforms/df_login.php?formGUID=da2ded12-2dfe-419c-93f8-d1645937b62f
- If requested, log in using your UUID and password.
- Click on the Complete This Form icon.
- For each of the approvers, enter their contact information:
- Click on Enter contact information
- Type the name and email of the approver.
- Click on the Save icon.
- Once the information for both approvers has been entered, click the Continue to form button.
- Enter information for the faculty applicant.
- Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*)
- Attach files of your supporting documentation (e.g. CV, statement - check with your department to determine what is required if you are not certain) click on Browse... , select the desired file (either Word or PDF formats can be uploaded) and then click on Upload File.
- Go to the bottom of the form and click Next to proceed to the electronic signature section.
- Enter your name as noted, and click on Sign Electronically.
- You will see a confirmation message. You can choose to view the PDF version of your form, or log out of Dynamic Forms.
Approvers (Department Chair, College Dean):
- You will receive an email from email@example.com, with the subject Graduate Faculty Status Application form requires your signature.
- Click on the link in the email: https://umwa.memphis.edu/dynamicforms/df_login.php?formGUID=cosine
- You may have to sign in using your UUID and password.
- Once logged in, click on Pending/Draft Forms.
- The form will appear in the Forms you need to complete section.
- Click on Complete Form.
- After reviewing the information on the form, you can approve it, or reject it.
- To approve the form:
- Click on the respective checkbox at the bottom, to confirm that the application has gone through the appropriate Department Committee/College Council. This is an optional step, since there may not be a Committee/Council. (Note: The Chair is designated to account for the Departmental Committee review of the applicant, the College Dean is designated to account for the College Council review. If the Chair or Dean is not in agreement with the respective committee/council decision, the chair or dean cannot move forward with a decision on the application until an agreement has been reached.) If there is no Department Committee/College Council do not click the respective checkbox.
- Enter the name of the Committee Chair or Council Chair as appropriate.
- Click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, enter your signature, and click on the Sign Electronically button.
- To reject the form:
- Click on the Reject button. Similar to the approval process above, the Chair or Dean must be in agreement with their respective Committee or Council decision (if a Committee or Council is applicable) before taking action on the application.
- On the next screen, you will be able to send an email message to the previous form signer, and let them know the reason why the form has been rejected. They will be able to review, and/or re-submit the form.
- Once you have written the message, click on the Reject this form button.