Border County Tuition Waiver
The University of Memphis accommodates students from border counties in Arkansas and Mississippi with a waiver of the non-resident portion of regular tuition. Listed below are the eligible counties:
Interested students from one of the eligible counties must meet the following academic qualifications to be eligible for the waiver. These criteria are not used to determine admission to the University of Memphis. These criteria are used solely to determine whether a student qualifies for the Border County Tuition Waiver.
Eligibility Criteria for the Border County Tuition Waiver
- Freshmen students must present a minimum ACT composite score of 20 (or SAT equivalent) OR a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.75.
- Transfer students with less than 24 attempted hours must meet First-Time Freshmen criteria.
- Undergraduate students must be admitted into a degree-seeking program.
- Admitted graduate students are not required to meet any additional academic criteria.
- Graduate and Law students must provide documented proof of permanent residence in one of the eligible counties.
- Graduate and Law students can receive the waiver as non-degree students.