ITE Student Chapter Garners Multiple Awards
For release: November 1, 2010
For press information, contact Dr. Stephanie Ivey, 901-678-3286
The Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Student Chapter at the University
of Memphis has earned several awards from the Tennessee Section of the ITE, including
Outstanding Student Chapter for 2010.
The Chapter was selected to receive the 2010 Robert Stammer Student Outstanding Student
Chapter Award based on its annual report to the Tennessee Section. The award is presented
to the student chapter who, for the school year, has contributed most to the advancement
of the transportation profession and the Tennessee Section. A number of criteria are
used in the selection process, including the frequency and educational value of student
chapter meetings and the number of unique activities performed.
Below is a summary of the ITE Student Chapter awards, scholarships, and student paper
2010 TSITE Award Recipients
- Edward E. Watt Volunteer Award for Distinguished Service: Robert E. Stammer, Jr., PhD., P.E.
- TSITE Outstanding Individual Service Award: Patrick I. Smith, P.E., R.L.S.
- Jack B. Humphreys Young Member Award: Ben N. Ledsinger, P.E.
- Robert Stammer Outstanding Student Chapter Award: University of Memphis
2010 Tennessee Section ITE Student Scholarship Recipients
- William L. Moore, Jr. Scholarship: Lawson S. Bordley, University of Tennessee
- T. Darcy Sullivan Scholarship: Ryan A. Overton, University of Tennessee
- TSITE Undergraduate Scholarship: Jeffrey P. Karafa, University of Memphis
- John R. Harper Memorial Scholarship: Brian C. Langford, University of Tennessee
2010 Tennessee Section ITE Student Paper Winners
1st Place: Francisco M. Oliveira-Neto, University of Tennessee
2nd Place: Cameron N. Williams, Tennessee Tech University
3rd Place: Jeffery P. Karafa, University of Memphis