The National Center for Freight and Infrastructure Research and Education (CFIRE)
is sponsoring a Student Freight Symposium on February 5-6, 2013 in Memphis, Tennessee. The Student Freight Symposium provides an opportunity for
students to showcase their research, connect with industry experts, network with their
peers, and tour local freight facilities. The students that attend this symposium
will help form the next generation of freight leaders.
We invite undergraduate and graduate students to submit abstracts in all areas of
freight transportation, logistics, and supply chain management for presentation during
the Student Freight Symposium. Submissions deadline is January 20, 2013.
Topics of interest include (but are not restricted to):
- Freight transportation: rail, motor carriers, maritime, air;
- Intermodal transportation;
- City logistics/urban freight;
- Urban freight performance
- Urban freight policy and planning
- Humanitarian and emergency logistics;
- Freight network design and planning;
- Intermodal/transmodal terminals;
- Intelligent transportation systems for freight transportation;
- Integrated planning of people and freight transportation systems
- Simulation and freight transportation;
- Evaluation of public policies
- Supply chain management
- Public private partnership for financing freight projects
- Robust and/or resilient design of supply chain networks
The Student Freight Symposium is held in conjunction with the freight Workforce Summit. The two programs will be integrated to provide students with opportunities to interact
with transportation professionals in both the private and public sectors.
Instructions for Submitting Abstracts
Submissions are open to students enrolled in an academic institution during the Spring
and/or Fall semester of 2012 and Spring semester of 2013. Please submit an abstract
(maximum of 500 words) via email to Keith Story with subject: "Student Symposium".
Cost to Attend Symposium
The registration fee to attend the symposium is $100.00. Scholarships are available.
Complete and submit the application by January 15, 2013.