Research is one of IFTI's key result areas.
Strategic Research Objectives:
- Perform cutting-edge freight transportation research of regional and national significance
- Establish cooperative research programs with other leading universities
- Concentrate transportation and transportation related research to policy, modeling,
simulation, green technologies and sustainability
- Support private sector research initiatives
Actions to Achieve Objectives:
- Engage and fund Engineering, Business and other faculty in freight transportation
research that will enhance the movement of goods and economic development in the US
- Prepare proposals and receive research funding from governmental agencies, industry,
and other organizations on freight-related topics
- Publish and present research in peer-reviewed publications and at highly regarded
- Coordinate efforts with the CFIRE consortium (University Transportation Center)
Watch research in action!