PI: Vasile Rus
DeepTutor is an advanced intelligent tutoring system that fosters students' deep understanding of complex science topics through quality interaction and instruction. Quality interaction means the student and tutor understand each other at every turn and over many dialogue turns.
Quality instruction in DeepTutor is assured by the use of Learning Progressions (LPs), a recently developed framework by the science education research community to describe students' natural paths to mastery.
- DeepTutor: An Intelligent Tutoring System Based on Deep
- Language and Discourse Processing and Advanced Tutoring
- Strategies. Funding Agency: IES. $1,650,272
- Graesser, A. C., D'Mello, S., & Person, N. K. (2009). Metaknowledge in tutoring. In D. Hacker, J. Dunlosky, & A. C. Graesser (Eds.), Handbook of metacognition in education. Mahwah, NJ: Taylor & Francis.
- Rus, V. (2009). What next in knowledge representation? Knowledge Engineering: Principles and Techniques. Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Babes-Bolyai University Press.