The IIS maintains asubscription to the Linguistic Data Consortium that is accessible from campus.
Publicly available data sources of interest are below. Please help us keep this list clean by reporting bad links.
- Wikipedia API and data dumps
- OpenAccess Data
- OpenScience Data Cloud
- UC Irvine Machine Learning
- World Bank Data
- Yahoo! Labs
- Awesome Public Datasets
- The Data Hub
- Million Song Dataset
- Energy Information Administration
- GeoDa Center
- Reddit Datasets
- 1,001 Datasets
- Yahoo! Webscope
- Time Series Data Library
- Awesome Public Datasets
- Common Crawl
- Amazon Public Datasets
Additionally these methodology links may be of interest:
- Dealing with bad data
- Visual introduction to machine learning
- Data exploration with Kaggle scripts
- Graphing from R: ggplot2 vs. base graphics
- Data visualization
Multiple services are available to students to help them with speaking, presenting, and writing:
- Center for Writing and Communication (free, in the main library)
- Center for International Education services (non-free mini courses)
Not sure where to submit your publication? Try the Elsevier Journal Finder.
The IIS has a DreamSpark subscription. IIS Students, faculty, and staff may download Microsoft titles from our webstore.
University of Memphis employees/students can install Office on their computers from www.memphis.edu/getoffice .
Notably the University has a license for online surveys with Qualtrics.
Finally the IIS has a GitHub account for faculty and projects.
Publicly available software of interest are below. Please help us keep this list clean by reporting bad links.
- Notebook environments: Beaker and Jupyter
- Machine learning software: WEKA, scikit-learn, MALLET, and Stanford NLP
- Statistical software: R and RStudio
- CSV editing and more: Comma Chameleon
- Mechanical Turk experiments: psiTurk
We maintain the following equipment. To book the equipment please contact Renee Cogar.
- 407 Teleconference System (Chromebox for Meetings)
- Eyetracking Lab (Tobii T60)
- Data projectors
- Office supplies
The IIS Library, provided by a generous gift from Art & Nancy Graesser, is in 430 of the FIT. The collection contains nearly 2,000 books and hundreds of journal issues. For physical access, please contact Renee Cogar.
To search for a specific book, use the following search tool:
You can find the LC Classification by selecting "Book Details" in the left side navigation bar. Our library is organized according to the Library of Congress system.
Books without a Library of Congress number are kept in a special section and organized alphabetically by author.
Additionally, we have enabled full text search on most of the collection. This means that you can find all books that a particular word or phrase occurs in. You may perform full text search here.
Finally, the main University of Memphis library has a number of titles of interest, some specially requested by us. These include: