UM3D Guide for Online Developers
The UM3D GOLD (Guide for Online Developers) program is designed to assist Course Developers with completing the process of developing quality M50 online courses for the University of Memphis. The program is designed to fit into your schedule with a combination of synchronous and asynchronous activities structured to keep course development on track.
At the end of the program, developers will have:
- Created a course plan for developing a specific course for online delivery.
- Produced a M50 section of the course using Desire2Learn (eCourseware).
- Developed a course aligned to the UofM Online course review checklist.
- Delivered a fully online course that encompasses best practices for online learning.
A. Submit Your Course Syllabus and Begin Planning Your Course
- Enroll in and complete eCourseware Training.
- Complete the UofM Online syllabus.
- Use the Course Planning Worksheet to plan the content of your course.
- Upload the course syllabus to your master shell.
B. Design and develop the Orientation Module and First Instructional Module
- Develop the course homepage and Orientation Module.
- Complete the first instructional module.
- Consult with UM3D on course development.
C. Develop all Course Modules
- Revise the Orientation content and first instructional module, as needed.
- Develop remaining course content based on the initial review.
- Schedule a final course review with UM3D.
Note: All UofM Online courses should be aligned to the course review checklist.