What is your IQ?
Gain a Competitive Advantage by Becoming Intern Qualified!
Today’s job market is competitive! Many employers look for two or more internship
experiences on your resume before extending an offer for full time employment. However,
many employers are reluctant to offer even entry-level internships to students without
any experience. It seems like a no win situation, but there is a solution!
Every employer is on the lookout for new talent that embodies initiative, confidence,
and professionalism. They are also interested in future employees who demonstrate
a genuine desire to work for their organization. The Experiential Learning Lab has
developed a system that helps students gain familiarity with organizations, develops
their soft skills, and showcases all that they have to offer to future internship
Students have the option of boosting their IQ (Internship Qualification) by selecting a unique combination of experiential learning
based activities from the columns below and submitting their completed assessments
to the Experiential Learning Lab in Brister 101.
Intern Qualification levels:
Platinum=100 points | Gold= 90 points | Silver=80 points
Please note : All bolded activities are requirements for all levels of qualification.
|10 Points Each
- Each activity in this column can be submitted only one time for points.
- Submit a current resume free from error (required).
- Use your completed LinkedIn account to connect with our team.
- Develop an Internship Objective Statement.
- Share a copy of your business card with our team.
- Send us a photo of you in your professional outfit as you get ready to enter the Career
& Internship Cair or other networking event.
- Attend an Internship Week event.
- Join a club or professional organization related to your major.
|15 Points Each
- Write a review of an internship related guest speaker.
- Attend an Academic Internship Workshop with the Experiential Learning Lab Team (required*).
- Complete and submit a Time Management Endorsement signed by three professors.
- Submit a corporate research overview document (required).
- Attend a networking event on campus or in the community.
- Complete an independent study of your choosing.
*students enrolled in online only programs are exempt from this requirement with faculty
|20 Points Each
- Meet with a professional of your choosing and complete an informational Interview
- Take part in a Professional Connections Program luncheon.
- Share your success story about securing an internship.
- Complete a mock interview.
- For first time interns, submit your offer letter.
For Fogelman Majors only:
- Etiquette Luncheon
- Personal Branding Event
Download the entire Intern Qualified packet here. WORD | PDF