Let the City Double as Your Classroom
Employers rate relevant work experience as the most important criteria during the job selection process.
Gain relevant work experience through internships! The NACE Class of 2017 Student Survey Report Executive Summary highlights that at least 60 percent of graduating seniors participated in at least one internship, a majority of which were paid internships. Paid internships at private-sector companies result in higher job offers.
- Internships are typically one-time work or service experiences related to your major or career goal.
- Internships can be paid or unpaid, optional or a degree requirement.
- You may opt to receive academic credit for the internship.***You MUST register for an internship course PRIOR to your internship to receive credit.***
- The University of Memphis Academic Internship Program has been nationally recognized as a Top 10 program by U.S. News and World Report.
Successful Internships provide:
- Opportunity to apply classroom theory to real-world work experience
- Specific project/responsibilities and opportunities to learn about an organization's operations
- Supervisory support to the student in the pursuit of learning goals
- Fast track access to talent pipeline
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Resources for Students