1. The Field - A rectangular shape with end zones at each end. A regulation field
is 70 yards by 40 yards, with end zones 25 yards deep.
2. Initiate Play - Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their
respective end zone line. The defense throws ("pulls") the disc to the offense. A
regulation game has max number of seven players per team
3. Length of game will be two (2) 20-minute halves (running clock). Overtime period
will last five (5) minutes (running clock). The clock will only stop on timeouts
4. Each team will be awarded one (1) timeout per half. Timeouts must be called when
the team calling it is in possession of the disc, or after a goal prior to the ensuing
5. Scoring - Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense's end zone, the
offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
6. Movement of the Disc - The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing
a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc
("thrower") has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower ("marker")
counts out the stall count.
7. Change of Possession - When a pass is not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop,
block, interception), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes
8. Substitutions - Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a
score and during an injury timeout
9. Non Contact - No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens
are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
10. Fouls - When a player initiates contact with another player a foul occurs. When
a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If
the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
11. Self-Refereeing - Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players
resolve their own disputes.
12. Spirit of the Game - Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive
play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence
to the rules, and the basic joy of play.