Graduate International Admissions
To apply to the University of Memphis, please follow the appropriate link. Please come visit the International Students Office only after admission to the university. The ISS Office does not directly handle admission applications but will answer any questions regarding the admission process.
Graduate Admissions: http://www.memphis.edu/graduateadmissions/index.php
- Apply for Admission as a Graduate International Student.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee ($60 for graduate students) at the time the application is submitted.
- Prospective students must apply directly to the Graduate School; however, many academic units have separate departmental applications, different application deadlines and/or additional requirements for admission. Refer to program descriptions in the Graduate Catalog for more information on the requirements.
- For admission to a degree program, international applicants should allow at least four months for necessary documents to be processed by the appropriate degree program and the Graduate Admissions Office. All test scores and credential evaluations must be on file in the Graduate Admission Office (FedEx Institute of Technology Building, Suite 201) at least four months before the desired enrollment date.
- The GRE or GMAT is required for international graduate admission.
- Applicants are urged to apply early to ensure full consideration. Applicants will be selected on a competitive basis and, therefore, admission will not be granted to all applicants who meet only the minimum requirements. Some departments require higher standards or additional items such as portfolios, proficiency examinations, auditions, etc. Please note that there are additional admission requirements for international students.
- When Graduate Admissions receives the application materials, an official file is established and then reviewed. Your requested department then reviews your application and makes a recommendation to Graduate Admissions. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been reached.
Law School Admissions: http://www.memphis.edu/law/admissions/