Undergraduate International Admissions
To apply to the University of Memphis, please follow the appropriate link. Please come visit the International Students Office only after admission to the university. The ISS Office does not directly handle admission applications but will answer any questions regarding the admission process.
Undergraduate Admissions: http://www.memphis.edu/admissions/international/req_ug_intl.php
- Apply for Admission as an Undergraduate International Student (for both First-Time Freshmen and First-Time Transfer Student)
- Pay the non-refundable application fee ($50 USD for undergraduate students) at the time the application is submitted.
- If you are a transfer student, you should have your college submit your transcript(s) to a NACES-accredited credentialing company and have a course-by-course evaluation done by that organization. Freshmen applicants should have a general education evaluation completed with a GPA calculation. There is a cost to the student for these assessments. The NACES organization chosen must send your original documents, along with their evaluation, to the University of Memphis. You should consider sending all of your documents at once to avoid multiple charges from the company that processes the records.
- No ACT or SAT score is required for international undergraduate students.
- Students from non-English speaking countries must submit a TOEFL or the IELTS test.
- All international students must submit a certification of finances document, which establishes the identity to pay for school and support the student while studying at the University.
- Health records must be provided within 30 days of the first day of classes showing freedom from Tuberculosis. (NOTE: All international students must purchase a health insurance policy or provide proof of government sponsored health insurance before they will be allowed to enroll).