Manual Profile Migration Process
In the event that moveuser fails, the following is the process that Client Services
has undertaken to migrate users' profiles:
- Log into the computer as the user's AD account to create a new profile directory.
- Logout and log in as the Local Administrator.
- Rename the newly created profile directory (usually “uuid.UOM") and rename the user's
original profile directory to the new directory's name.
- Give the user's AD account full permissions to the directory (and all subdirectories
- Log into AD as the user and verify the profile settings (background, my documents,
- Open Outlook. When prompted for file locations (for .pst and .ost files), browse to
the new location (“%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\").