The IT Impact Report Generator was updated in April 2009 to version 3.0. A number
of changes were implemented in the new version, including:
- Impact Report notifications that need to be posted immediately due to an expected
and/or unexplained service disruption must have the 'Emergency/Immediate Notification'
checkbox enabled. Otherwise, the button to email the ITIR will be unavailable. Planned
activities now require an ITD management approval prior to posting and emailing the
- A new 'Executive/Public Summary' section has been added. The content from this area
is displayed on the public 'Open Impact Report Summary' page and should be a non-technical
description geared toward the general campus client community.
- The 'Additional Details' section has been eliminated. Information previously added
into this area should be placed at the end of the 'Detailed User Information' section.
- A projected start date/time is now required prior to posting an Impact Report. Start
and end time entries are used to determine when ITIRs should appear on the 'Open Impact
Report Summary' page. If activities described in the ITIR extend beyond the originally
expected 'projected end of service activity', the end time should be updated in the
Impact Report utility.
- A new 'keywords' selection list has been added to help to categorize the type of service
disruption. Only broad areas are covered, and keywords are not required. Keywords
are appended to the emailed subject line, and will be available in the future to evaluate
- Emailed Impact Reports are now issued with a background color. Unplanned, immediate
notices have a reddish background. Planned, approved notices are yellow.
Impact Report Links