Technology resources available to all U of M students, staff, and faculty
- myMemphis Portal (formerly Spectrum) brings together the university's technology resources in one
place. The myMemphis Portal personalizes information it displays to each user, as
well as allows the user to customize information.
- eCourseware is the university's online class system. The system is powered by Desire2Learn (D2L)
and contains interactive content for web-based coursework. For more information about
eCourseware, visit the Advanced Learning Center.
- iAM Identity Management website allows students, staff, and faculty to manage their computer account password
and display name.
- iPrint kiosks are located throughout campus. Students, staff, and faculty can print from their
laptop to any iPrint kiosk.
- Network registration is available for portable technology devices, including laptops. Students, staff,
and faculty can register their portable technology device once and then use the university's
wireless network anytime.
- Podcasting is available on campus at many locations. For more information about podcasting,
visit the Advanced Learning Center.
- Smart classrooms are available throughout campus and are equipped with a computer
station, and projector. Some rooms have a document camera and/or DVD player. Visit
the Smart Classroom website for a list of locations.
- TigerLAN TAF computer labs are available for use by all students, staff, and faculty. Visit the Computer Labs website for a list of TigerLAN TAF labs.
- umDrive web-based file storage and sharing service is available from any computer anywhere.
Students, staff, and faculty are each given 250MB of storage.
- umMail email can be accessed via the web from on or off campus. Students, staff, and faculty
are all given mailboxes.
- umWiki enterprise wiki utility for the University of Memphis.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides secure remote access to restricted University data.
Technology support resources
- AskTOM is a searchable database of frequently asked university questions, including technology
related-questions. In addition, any student, staff, or faculty member can submit a
question to AskTOM. The question will be routed to the appropriate university office
for a response.
- Computer Library Database indexes product introductions, news, and reviews in the computer industry on hardware,
software, electronics, engineering, and communications. Coverage: 1980-present.
- umTech HelpDesk staff are available to answer your technology-related questions 24-hours a day, 7
days a week, excluding university holidays. Please call 901-678-8888 for assistance.
- Gartner, Inc. is a collection of market research reports from Gartner, Inc., the largest IT research
organization in the world. Over 1000 analysts provide information and data on IT technologies
as well as how technology is being used in public and private organizations around
the world. When prompted log in with your U of M UUID and password.
- Safari Technical Books contain full-text versions of a large number of technical books. Conduct searches
across all of the technical books in the Safari library. Zero in on answers to time
critical questions in a matter of seconds. Read books from cover to cover. Or, simply
flip to the page you need. Browse books by category. With Safari researching any topic
is a snap. From XML, to database to .Net, you'll find your answer in Safari.
- WebDev Web Governance page contains links to the university's policies, procedures, and other official information
regarding creating web sites.