The Department of Journalism offers students the opportunity to earn academic credit
for completing an internship. A minimum of 120 hours is required at the internship
in order to earn 3 credits in a given semester. A student may complete a maximum of
two 3-credit internships as part of a bachelor's degree program, but only 3 credits may come from the Department of Journalism.
- Employer Internship Agreement
- Students may earn up to 3 credit hours for serving an internship (120+ hours) and
completing the Department of Journalism's internship class (offered every semester).
- Formulate an internship description for the position needing filled. The internship
must offer the opportunity for students to enhance their professional preparation
or expand their career opportunities. The experience must contain meaningful, professional
- Join the University of Memphis Department of Journalism group on LinkedIn to post the internship announcement or email Dr. Erin Willis for further assistance.
- We advertise all internship positions in the following ways once we receive your position
description: post them electronically to LinkedIn and Facebook, and email to students within the related concentration (e.g., news, advertising,
- A Quality Internship Program: Guidelines
Department of Journalism
University of Memphis
Memphis, TN 38152