Enjoy the Benefits of Wellness!
UofM Lambuth's Wellness, Health & Fitness Building is open Monday - Thursday, 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm and Friday, 12:00pm-6:00pm and the Lap Pool is open Monday - Wednesday, 3:00pm - 7:00pm and Friday 3:00pm-5:30pm for recreational use. NOTE: The pool will be closed until further notice on Thursdays. For questions or rental information, call Jim Wilkinson, Supervisor, Campus Recreation, 731.425.7328 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are now hiring lifeguards for the Campus Recreation Center at Lambuth!
Lambuth Campus Recreation Employment Opportunity
Now accepting applications for lifeguards Must have the following current certifications:
CPR/AED, and First Aid.
Pay: $8.50 an hour. For more information, contact Ashley Chism at 901.678.3461 or
PREREQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
1. Must hold the following CURRENT certifications:
Lifeguard Training Emergency First Aid CPR for the Professional Rescuer
2. Must have a POSITIVE and HELPFUL ATTITUDE!!
- Supervision of the pool facilities
- Clearing and securing the pool at closing
- Curtailing any misuse of the facility or inappropriate actions
- Checking for proper identification
- Check that safety equipment is in correct place, and is in good working order
- Inspection of the pool and equipment.
- Secure off any discrepancies and make a written report
- Enforce special participant rules (lap swim/recreation swim)
- Please use phone for emergencies only
- Accident care and reporting
- Covering shifts
- Checking equipment and supplies before every shift
- Clearing and securing pool at closing
- Checking for proper identification
- Maintain a helpful and pleasant relationship with regular patrons
- Keep a positive and friendly attitude when dealing with ALL patrons
OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS:
All lifeguards MUST be on time (at his/her lifeguard station 15 minutes prior to opening
Proper attire must be worn at all times (lifeguard swimsuit and whistle). In the interest of training -
ALL guards must swim a minimum of 500 yards per week. Applications are available here.
print, fill out and return to Student Recreation and Fitness Center or send through email to
Contact our Aquatics Office at 901.678.3461 for more information.
***Upcoming Lifeguard certification courses at U of M Lambuth Campus***
Lifeguard Class Coming Soon
The class is a 30 hour class. It includes: 7.5 hours of online training, CPR/AED and
first aid training,
Lifeguard classroom and pool skills.
Pre-requisites for this class include: 500 yard swim, tread water for 2 minutes with
legs only, head
first and feet first surface dives and being able to hoist yourself out of the pool without using a
* PLEASE CONTACT ASHLEY CHISM, AMCHISM1@MEMPHIS.EDU or call (901)678-3461 FOR MORE INFORMATION ON UPCOMING LIFEGUARD COURSES.
In order to encourage wellness among employees, students, and their household members, we are offering new opportunities for memberships at our on-campus fitness facilities. Although we were pleased to offer complimentary memberships to faculty and staff prior to this time, in order to continue providing members of the UofM Lambuth community with state-of-the art facilities and services, we are now offering memberships at very affordable prices. We are also now offering new opportunities for employees' and students' household members to enjoy membership privileges.
- For a nominal fee, employees and their household members may access all of our recreational facilities. Our many amenities at UofM Lambuth include the recently renovated indoor pool and basketball courts in the Wellness, Health, and Fitness Building, state-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment in the Fitness Studio (located in Wilder Student Union), recently renovated tennis courts, a sand volleyball court, and group fitness classes. Intramural activities are also offered free-of-cost to students.
- Full-time UofM students (enrolled in six hours or more) will continue to have free access to the Recreation Center.
Student Household Membership
- Full-time students may purchase a membership to sponsor one other adult who lives in their same household and/or dependent children under 21 years of age. Cost is $60 per semester.
- If enrolled in less than six hours, part-time students may access Recreation Center for $3 per use.
- Full-time, permanent employees may purchase memberships at the following rates:
- Individual and Household Memberships for regular employees with base salary of $27,999 or less may pay $10 per month for Individual Memberships or $20 per month for Household Memberships (Members may sponsor one adult who lives in their household and/or dependent children under 21 years of age.).
- Regular employees with base salary of $28,000 or more may pay $13 per month for Individual Memberships or $26 per month for Household Memberships.
- One guest is allowed per student or faculty/staff member for $5 per visit. Additional guest passes may be allowed at the discretion of the Recreation Supervisor.
During the summer semester, students who were enrolled full-time (six hours or more) in the previous spring semester will be eligible to purchase summer passes. Cost is $45.