To participate in on-campus interviews:
- Click on “OCI” in the top Symplicity menu. There will be multiple OCI sessions, and
you will need to look at each session individually to view when employers are coming
to campus. Each session will have different deadlines, so please note them carefully.
You must enter your bids online through Symplicity by the bidding deadline for each
- Click on the “Review” button to the left of the name of any employer with whom you
want to bid for an interview.
- You will then be taken to a description of the job posting. Click on the dropdown
menu and select the appropriate version of your resume, cover letter, and any other
documents that an employer requires. Click “Apply.”
NOTE: It is important to select “Review” before you click on “Apply.” The “Review”
button allows you to see all of the documents that will be necessary to bid for that
employer. If you click on “Apply” when you are in the employer list and you have already
bid for one employer, the system automatically chooses your “default” resume and doesn’t
give you the opportunity to select your documents.
- You may change your bids as often as you like up to the bidding close date for that
session. Bidding early does not increase your chances of obtaining interviews. However,
if you wait until the last minute, you may encounter a slow system.
- To find out when employers have submitted their list of students to be interviewed,
click on the “OCI” tab and choose the OCI session where you submitted bids from the
drop down menu. A list of employers for whom you bid will appear. In the column headed
“Invitations,” you will see either “Accept PreSelect”, “Alternate”, “Not Invited,”
- If interview selections have not yet been returned or are incomplete, the “Invitation”
column will state “Pending.”
- If you were not selected for an interview, the “Invitation” column will state “Not
Invited” or “Not Selected.”
- If you were selected as an alternate, the “Invitation” column will state “Alternate.”
If you were selected as an alternate, you may have the opportunity to interview should
any interview slots become available. If this happens, you will be contacted by the
CSO to sign up for an interview.
- If you were selected for an interview, under the “Invitation” column you will see
a button labeled “Accept Preselect.” To accept this invitation and select a time slot,
please click on “Accept Preselect.”
- You will then be taken to the “Interview Review” screen where you will see a list
of available time slots. You will not be able to see any interview time slots that
have already been taken by other students nor will you see any interview time slots
that conflict with other scheduled interviews you may have. Be sure to leave as much time as possible between interviews that you schedule for
the same day. You need at least 40 minutes. If you schedule yourself for an interview that you later realize is too close to
another interview, or for some reason is an unworkable time, attempt to change it
in Symplicity. If the time period has passed, ask us to help you remedy the situation.
To select an interview time slot, pick your preferred interview time and click “Sign
- You will then be taken to the “Scheduled Interviews” tab that will show you a list
of all interviews you have scheduled thus far.
- If you are selected but do not want to accept an interview opportunity, click “Decline”
so that your interview spot may be offered to a classmate who is interested in having
an interview with the employer.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INTERVIEW SELECTIONS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR OCI EMPLOYERS ONLY. Resume
Collection employers will notify students directly and independently of Symplicity.
There will not be an “Invitation” column for those bids placed for non-OCI employers.
Tips For the Day of the Interview
On the day of the interview, check in at the CSO front desk. Interviews will be conducted
in one of three interview rooms contained within our office: Rooms 238, 239 or 240.
You will be told if the employer wants you to knock on the door at the time of your
interview. Never enter the interview room until invited to do so by the employer. Be sure to bring any updated versions of your resume and other materials to your