We invite our students to take advantage of the various classroom, mentoring, externship
and clinical opportunities, as well as the activities available to all University
of Memphis students.
Our location in downtown Memphis puts you at the center of a vibrant regional business,
legal, and arts community. Our position as a professional school within the University
of Memphis entitles you to use main campus health and recreation facilities, attend
top-level collegiate sporting and cultural events, and receive assistance in applying
for financial aid.
This section includes everything you need to know about academics, financial services, student services, and student organizations. A few items we would like to call to your attention include:
- Memphis Law offers an academic success program to first-year students to help you get a solid start in your legal education.
- The Student Bar Association (SBA) is a great place to begin your student organization involvement. The SBA sponsors
social and community-oriented events throughout the year, and promotes student interests
within the law school.
- If you have any questions about our Academic Regulations, please click here to view an informative FAQ document covering various items that may be of interest.
- For information about the upcoming Tennessee Bar Examination, contact the Tennessee Board of Bar Examiners at (615) 741-3234. Filing deadlines are March 1 for notice of intent/fee and April 15 for application/exam fee.
- David S. Romantz, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office: Law 269; Phone: (901) 678-3232
- Meredith Aden, Assistant Dean for Law Student Affairs; email@example.com; Office: Law 258; Phone: (901) 678-2528
- Jamie Johnson, Registrar; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office: Law 264; Phone: (901) 678-2660
The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law is accredited by the American
Bar Association (ABA) and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS).
The ABA may be contacted at: Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admission
to the Bar, 321 N. Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654-7598, telephone 312.988.6738. The
AALS may be contacted at 1201 Connecticut Ave, N.W. Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036-2717,
telephone 202.296.8851; http://www.aals.org/.